larry craig. larry craig. senator craig. senator larry.
- people shouldn't be arrested in airport bathrooms for allegedly looking through a stall door, tapping one's foot (even if in that come hither way), blocking the underneath of one's stall door with luggage, and waving one's hand under the partition. none of those things are sex or in and of themselves lewd. they just aren't.
- when he says he's not gay, i see no reason not to believe him. as christopher isherwood expressed beautifully: being homosexual means you want to have sex with a man while being gay means you can fall in love with a man. or something like that.
- while i understand the desire to call him on hypocrisy since he's this "family" values, anti-gay legislator, i don't think it's necessary to have airport lewdness on him, or other examples, in order to criticize his voting record based solely on that record, not his personal life. otherwise, it's saying he's worse than the other "family" values, anti-gay legislators out there and last i checked, enda isn't law yet despite what heterosexual things do or don't go on in the bedrooms and local airport bathrooms of those legislators.
- the late night talk shows (letterman and leno in particular) have made homophobic jokes about the situation that are cringeworthy and disgusting. here, i'll make up one myself that's just as good: "a closeted gay senator named larry? shocking! what's next, a power bottom florist named bruthe?"
- straight men have sex with other men every damn day of the world life week year. take that in, america.
- at least he's not peeling off his shirt like putin.
- as if idaho is going to elect some gay activist in his place. whoever replaces him, if he resigns or doesn't re-run, will probably be worse. i don't see gayle king running for idaho senator and she's the only one who could turn it around for us. love me some gayle king.